- Eatontown, NJ, USA
- $40,000 - $43,000/YR
- Full Time
401K | Medical & Dental insurance
Supervise staff and maintain Supervised Apartment Living program.
Mondau - Friday, 9am - 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall operation and management of assigned program.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Services in screening and selection of referrals to program. Ensure eligibility requirement are met and day support programs are secured prior to acceptance
into program. Complete necessary admission paperwork and assessments.
- Design and implement Individual Habilitation Plans for clients ensuring collaboration with day support program/employment setting to ensure consistency of programming.
- Carries out IHP goals and Positive Support Plans designed by Behavior Analyst
- Demonstration of working knowledge of clients' habilitation needs.
- Coordination of medical services to clients, ensuring appropriate, effective and efficient interventions, appropriate documentation of medical services and follow-up.
- Demonstration of working knowledge of medical needs of clients and medical issues.
- Ensures timely completion of staff appraisals
- Ensures staff attend required trainings in the established time frame
- Supervises program staff including recommendation of hiring and termination, assignment of duties, instruction of methods, documentation of employees' progress, and collection and
submission of time sheets and travel vouchers
- Ensure all program staff are appropriately trained and maintain program training records.
- Responsible for adherence to budgetary guidelines, such as, but not limited to, food/non-food lines, budgeted program hours, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring safe-keeping of funds including clients' monies and programs' petty cash fund and charges.
- Effective and efficient management of program resources and property including upkeep and maintenance.
- Serve as liaison and responsible for fostering positive relationships between program and inter-agency departments, family members, neighbors, medical providers, day support programs/employers, DHS representatives, etc.
- Provision of appropriate community integration opportunities for clients
- Prepare monthly paperwork and submit to appropriate agency people in a timely fashion
- Cooperate with Alternatives, Inc. and the N.J. Division of Developmental Disabilities in all inspections or investigations
- Conduct monthly staff meeting
- Attend all related meetings, seminars, agency committees and functions as assigned
- Maintain current, valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Maintain current training record
- Provides direct care support to clients receiving services in areas of, but not limited to, medical (diet and nutrition), daily living skills, money management, personal growth and development, vocational training, socialization, community integration, self preservation, community awareness and safety, and communication.
- Remains informed of literature (professional, research, popular) related to services provided by
Alternatives and the field of Developmental Disabilities.
- Ensure security and confidentiality off all assigned Alternatives and individual records.
- Responsible for reviewing, implementing and demonstration of knowledge related to agency
policy and procedure and licensing standards.
- Responsible for handling emergencies in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Demonstration of effective and appropriate delegation to employees and timely and efficient
- Encourage and utilize staff input in program development and decision making
- Serves as a positive role model when interacting with inter-agency departments, day support programs, DHS representatives, neighbors, community, etc.
- Strong interpersonal & effective communication skills required
- Participates in & attends program & general staff meetings
- Leads by example when working with clients receiving services and coworkers.
- Assists in investigation and execution of community integration plans
- Ensures Alternatives, Inc.'s Person-Centered Philosophy by treating all clients with dignity and respect
- Follows all policies and procedures relative to this position in a professional manner
BA & 3 Years Experience Preferred
Must possess valid NJ/NY/PA driver's license
**In order to be eligible for employment, applicant must not have more than 5 points on their driving record and no DUIs within the last 3 years.**